It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
We will update this policy from time to time as our practices change regarding how we handle information. We will publish these updates on our website and using our email subscription lists.
Overview of this Policy
This policy sets out:
- What information we do not collect, have access to, or allow you to save;
- How we collect your information;
- How we use your information;
- How we share your information;
- How we secure your information; and
- Your rights to access and correct your information.
1. What Information We Do Not Collect, Have Access to, or Allow You to Save
We do not collect, have access to or allow you to store any personal financial information on our Site. We use PayPal secure payment processing offsite directly on the PayPal website so we never have any access to your debit card, credit card or PayPal account information. We do not allow you to save any financial payment methods in your account if you choose to create one.
2. How We Collect Your Information
In order to provide our services, we collect personal information from you. We do so in two main ways:
- information you provide to us directly; and
- information we collect from you automatically.
We collect the following personal information from you directly:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences
- Information about your business, such as its name, size, type and operations
- Some of the information we collect from you may be in the nature of sensitive personal information. This may include details about you, such as your age, gender, personal interests, associations, memberships and opinions.
We also automatically gather information about you from your computer, such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
Cookies and Tracking Technology
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns. Our Web pages may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) that are set by our third-party partners. Web beacons are used along with cookies enabling our partners to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used. We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies)
Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use the information we have collected in order to:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
- Perform work incidental to any of these tasks, in order to provide our services
We do not sell your personal information to any other third party or use it for extraneous commercial gain outside the services we provide. We enable you to create a profile and share information such as messages, photos, and videos with others. We cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your pages and information.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com or using the details at the end of this policy.
4. How We Share Your Information
In certain circumstances, we share your personal information with third parties as set out in this policy or as required by law. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Disclosure under the Mandatory Data Breach Laws
Under disclosure requirements of privacy law, we are required by law to notify you and authorities:
- there is unauthorized access to, or unauthorized disclosure of, personal information we hold; and
- a reasonable person would conclude that the access or disclosure would be likely to result in serious harm to any of the individuals to whom the information relates; OR
- information is lost in circumstances where there is likely to be unauthorized access to, or unauthorized disclosure of, that information; and
- if that unauthorized access or disclosure were to occur, a reasonable person would conclude that the access or disclosure would be likely to result in serious harm to any of the individuals to whom the information relates.
Unless an exemption under privacy law applies, we will notify you of any breach of your privacy. That notification will take the form of a Breach Statement and may contain details of the information (including the information itself) which has been affected by the unauthorized disclosure, access or loss.
Compliance with Other Laws and Legal Processes
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud;
- if TheWebGorillas is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information at that time.
Links to Other Web Sites
This Site includes links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of TheWebGorillas. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
5. How We Secure Your Information
Storage and Security of Personal Information
When we collect personal information directly from you, we take steps to keep that information secure and safe from the risk of external or internal unauthorized access or disclosure. The measures we employ are divided into 3 classes:
- protection from internal risks;
- protection from external risks; and
- protection from cyber risks.
Internal Risk Management To guard against the risk of unauthorized access, loss or disclosure of information from internal sources, we:
- permit access to information to only those staff who require such access in order to perform their duties;
- train staff in the use of information technology, systems and software;
- keep records of the equipment and storage devices maintained by us to prevent unauthorized removal;
- implement policies and procedures with respect to the use of information, including procedures as to how work is performed to ensure consistency with privacy principles.
External Risks To guard against the risk of unauthorized access, loss or disclosure of information from external sources, we:
- maintain security at our premises;
- ensure information-technology is password-protected so that access to our premises does not permit access to your information;
- prohibit third-party personnel from accessing areas of our premises in which information is stored; and
- do not permit the reproduction of information for removal from our premises.
Cyber Risk To guard against the risk of unauthorized access, loss or disclosure of information from cyber attack or intervention, we:
- maintain updated information-technology platforms;
- regularly change passwords;
- protect our systems, communications and servers using proprietary encryption software, which is updated (or replaced) regularly;
- maintain firewalls and scanning tools to detect attempts by outside sources to access our systems, network or information technology;
- prohibit access using our information-technology to harmful websites; and
- do not permit the installation of third-party platform software capable of displacing control of our systems.
In addition, we destroy any information held which is no longer required by us. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the details set out at the end of this policy.
Use of Shopping Cart Providers
In order to make a purchase from us, you must use our shopping cart providers to finalize and pay for your order. Their privacy statements and security practices will also apply to your information. We encourage you to read that privacy statement before providing your information. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com or using the details set out at the end of this policy.
Your Rights to Access, Correct and Contact
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
Under privacy law, you have the right to ask us for access to the personal information we hold about you. You may also ask us to correct that information. Where you request us to access your personal information or to correct it, we must respond to that request within 30 days. If you have requested a correction, we must take reasonable steps to do so if we agree that it requires correction, subject to any legal obligations preventing us from doing so. To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the information contained at the end of this policy
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices, the law or industry standards. If we make any material change that may affect how we deal with your information, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Making a Complaint
If you are concerned about our use of your information, or your privacy, you can contact us so that we can address those concerns. You may use the contact information contained at the end of this policy to contact us. If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your complaint, you can complain.
Additional Policy Information
Our Contact Information
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below:
Ph: +61-402 891 089
This Site, thewebgorillas.com, and TheWebGorillas will not be liable for any lost profit or any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to economic damages) incurred by you arising out of or otherwise in connection with your use of the Site or our services and products (including as a result of any negligent act or omission).
By using this Site, you fully accept the liability of this Site and TheWebGorillas to you (including for negligence and under any implied warranties which cannot be excluded at law) is limited to the re-supply of services or products supplied or offered by thewebgorillas.com.
Disclaimer Part A.
- Use of the information and data contained within this Site or these pages is at your sole risk.
- If you rely on the information on this Site you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy, currency or completeness.
- This Site includes links to other websites operated by Community, Business and Government.
- These linked websites will have their own terms and conditions of use and you should familiarise yourself with these.
- All linked websites are linked “as is” and the Site:
- does not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on websites linked from or to this Site;
- does not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on websites linked from or to this Site;
- does not make any warranties or representations that material on other websites to which this site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world; and
- does not authorize the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other websites by linking this Site to those other websites.
Disclaimer Part B.
- If you use automatic language translation services in connection with this Site you do so at your own risk.
- The information and data on this Site are subject to change without notice.
- TheWebGorillas and thewebgorillas.com may revise this Disclaimer at any time by updating this posting.
- TheWebGorillas, thewebgorillas.com, its agents, instrumentalities, officers and employees:
- make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this Site;
- make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or usefulness of any translation of the information on this Site or any linked website into another language;
- make no representations as to the availability of the Site and the availability of websites linked from or to the Site;
- accept no liability however arising for any loss resulting from the use of the Site and any information and data or reliance placed on it (including translated information and data);
- make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose;
- accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user’s computer, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this Site or its use or any website linked to this Site.
General Terms and Conditions
A. This Site and thewebgorillas.com and/or TheWebGorillas will not be liable for any lost profit or any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to economic damages) incurred by you arising out of or otherwise in connection with your use of the Site or our services and products (including as a result of any negligent act or omission).
B. By using this Site and making a purchase from this Site, you fully accept that the liability of this Site and thewebgorillas.com and TheWebGorillas to you (including for negligence and under any implied warranties which cannot be excluded at law) is limited to the re-supply of services or products supplied or offered by thewebgorillas.com and TheWebGorillas.
If you do not accept any of these conditions, you are asked to leave this Site immediately.